Sunday, September 23, 2012

Mr. Partridge - Take Away/The Lure of Salvage (1980)

     Jayne Mansfield...is that you?

What is my favorite thing to do on my day off? On a gorgeous Sunday afternoon? Catch up on my music listening and blast this stuff so loud the whole neighborhood can hear it. The only way I can really enjoy music is if it's loud...and amazing! Like this album from Andy Partridge aka Mr. Partridge. No one has a voice like this man. So distinct...one of my favorite vocalists and musicians to this day. I had a friend introduce me to this album years ago, and it's been a noisy/arty favorite since. Although it can be goofy, Partridge & the rest of XTC always manage to pull off this nostalgic feeling for me that makes me warm & fuzzy on the inside.

"The cover pictures on the album's back and front are taken from a post card of Jayne Mansfield in a swimming pool. The figures floating on the water are hot water bottles shaped like her, on the back cover some of which Partridge scribbled out.
The back cover reads as follows:
"This used to be some XTC records. It is now a collection of tracks that have been electronically processed/shattered and layered with other sounds or lyrical pieces. All initial sound by XTC.
Andy took existing XTC songs and separated different tracks from the songs to give the experiment/addition of sounds of the track a whole new identity."

Good stuff :)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment