Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gang of Four - Songs of the Free (1982)

I had to regain my confidence...so I got into camouflage

Wait...this came out when? 1982? Hmmm where was I? A little seed perhaps. DAMN. So good and I have many fun stories about this album...It's the second Gang of Four album I purchased after their debut Entertainment.
First story is when I was really into this album I was dating this guy who wasn't into this type of music. He really wasn't into music at all. But he really really loved singing along to "I Love a Man in Uniform. He'd always ask me to play that one song and it always amused me to bits. But when "It's Not Enough" played he'd remark, "What the fuck is this?"
Now onto the good stuff... I want to introduce a new contributor to the Koala Mode blog; my best friend and music confidante, Jessica AKA Koala Yummi. She's a really special person to me - we've been through a lot together and our tastes in music is pretty identical. I can't express this enough...I know whoever reads this blog will enjoy her posts as well.
We've had new wave dance parties in previous apartments, ex-roommates, we were in a car crash while listening to Gang of Four...we've been through it all.
Gang of Four will always have a special place in my heart. It's a band that my parents weren't really into, a self-discovery shall we say. And it's an album that has brought Jess & I closer (car accident, ehem).
It brings out the punk in us...makes me want to ... stomp and say FUCK IT
Enjoy ;) Download is below




No comments:

Post a Comment