Wednesday, January 1, 2014

John Foxx - Metamatic (1980)

He's a laugh...she's a graph

I've been having some minor issues with my record player but those should now be resolved. Some of my recordings may not be as strong, sound wise. They're a bit quiet but I'm working on fixing this. In the meantime though, the recordings still work and sound pretty good for the most part. I finally recorded Martin Gore's Counterfeit e.p for download. Here's a link to that post here.

Now, moving onto a one-of-a-kind synth gem from ex Ultravox frontman, John Foxx, Metamatic is one of the finest early synth pop albums ever made. Minimal, cold, dark, imaginative - a true work of art. I adore Ultravox but have never heard their albums with John Foxx. I'll have to investigate early Ultravox and go beyond Vienna.
Check out the album, and also check out the music videos as well. The music videos for He's a Liquid and No-One Driving are outstanding pieces of 80s new wave art. I never realized how awesome an effect lights and blinds could be.
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment